Is your social media suffering the winter blues? Do you check your insights and feel like Santa left you a lump of coal? If you feel like your likes, comments, shares and saves are dwindling, this one’s for you!
This strategy is more about giving than getting…the way the holiday season should be! But don’t worry, there’s something in it for you too. If you hop on social media only to check who’s interacting on your business page without taking the time to be the one interacting with others…you might be an Insta-Grinch!
Our digital marketing team got together to share 5 almost-too-simple things you can do today to work a little social media magic and get that Grinch to give back. We recommend setting aside 5 minutes a day to ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE in the following ways.
- Watch some stories (from your business page) and react to 4-5 of them!
- Scroll through your feed and find 5 posts to write quick but genuine comments on. (Don’t forget to like the post as well.)
- Go to the hashtags you follow and like and comment on at least 5 of those.
- Find 5 new people to follow that would add value to your feed or that you’re interested in. Hopefully they will follow back and interact with your brand.
- Don’t forget to share or save other accounts as well. Building up others can help build your brand! If you like the content they are sharing, reposting it on your story for others to see will be appreciated by them.
Follow these steps and your heart (and hopefully following) will be growing three sizes in no time! The more you get out there and interact, the more interactions you are going to get back. You have to give time and effort to get it back. Remember growing your brand on social media takes time. You need to stay consistent in your posting schedule, post quality content that caters to your niche or focus and add in the rule of 5’s above to boost your social media.
There are a lot of other ways to grow your brand and extend your reach on social media, but this is a great first step to start adding to your social schedule. Practice this daily, and you’ll be ready to tackle even more in the new year!
As always, our team is here to help. Let’s chat!